How to Void a Credit Card Refund in Accounts Receivable for Sage 300
Before You Start
- The credit card refund must have been processed in Paya, and must not have been settled.
Refunds are typically settled within 48 hours.
- Sage Exchange must be installed and running on the workstation you are using to void the refund.
- You must have a working Internet connection.
To void a credit card refund:
- Open Accounts Receivable > A/R Transactions > Refund Entry.
Note: You can also open the A/R Refund Entry screen from the Refund Batch List screen.
- On the A/R Refund Entry screen, select a document for which a Paya credit card payment has been refunded.
- Click Void.
The Process Credit Card screen appears and displays details for the refunded transaction.
- Click Void Refund.
If the refund has not been settled in Paya, the refund is voided.
If the refund has been settled in Paya, an error message informs you that the refund cannot be voided. In this case, the transaction is complete, and if you want to charge the customer’s credit card, you must create a new transaction.
- Close the Process Credit Card screen.