How to Set Up a Recurring Charge for a Customer in Accounts Receivable for Sage 300
Before You Start
- Add the customer records for which you are adding recurring charges.
- Decide on the codes to identify the recurring charges.
- Determine the start date and expiration date for the charges, and the day of the month on which each recurring charge is due to be invoiced.
- Determine the amount of each detail of the recurring charges.
To create a recurring charge:
- Open Accounts Receivable > A/R Customers > Recurring Charges.
For more information, see “A/R Recurring Charges Screen” (page 444).
- Enter or select the recurring charge code you want to use with the new charge.
- Enter a description for the charge code.
- Enter or select the number of the customer to whom the charge applies.
- Enter a start date for the charge, an expiration type, an expiration date (if you selected Specific Date as the expiration type), and a maximum amount.
- On the Detail tab:
- In the Invoice Type field, specify whether the recurring charge will generate an item or a summary-type invoice.
- Click the Account/Tax button.
The Detail Accounts/Taxes screen appears.
- Enter details on the Detail Accounts/Taxes screen, as follows:
- Click the New button beside the Line Number field.
- Enter the distribution code, description, amount, and the revenue account for the detail.
- Enter or edit the tax class and (if the tax authority allows it) the Tax Included status for the detail.
- When you have finished entering information for the detail, click Add, or click Save after changing any information for the detail.
- Repeat steps 7a through 7d for each detail you want to include on invoices created for this recurring charge.
- Click Close when you have finished entering details.
- Fill in the remaining fields and tabs as you would for a regular invoice.
After adding recurring charge records
Print the Recurring Charges report.