How to Setup a Recurring AP Payment in Sage 300
How to set up a recurring AP payment in Sage 300
Use Caution when working wiht the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
To create a recurring payable:
- Open Accounts Payable > A/P Vendors > Recurring Payables.
- Click the New button beside the Recurring Payable Code field, and then enter the recurring payable code you want to use with the new payable.
Note: You can use the same recurring payable code for different vendors.
- Enter a description for the recurring payable.
- In the Vendor Number field, enter the number of the vendor you will pay periodically using this recurring payable.
- On the Invoice tab, enter:
- A start date for the payable.
- An expiration type and related information for the expiration type you specify.
- Header information for the document.
- On the Detail tab, enter details for the recurring payable, as you would for an invoice
- If this is a job-related document, enter the contract and project, and (as applicable) the category and resource.
- Enter the item number, unit of measure, quantity, price, and distribution code. You may enter a negative quantity, but the invoice total cannot be negative. If the detail is job-related , Accounts Payable displays as defaults the A/P item number and the unit of measure for the specified resource (for standard contracts) or category (for basic contracts).
- Enter an optional comment.
- If you use optional fields, click the Optional Fields Zoom button to check, change, or add optional fields for the detail.
Tip: To check or change the general ledger accounts and tax information for a detail, click Account/Tax.
- Check or change tax information for the document on the Tax/Totals tab.
- Click Add (or Save, if you are updating an existing recurring payable record).