How to Setup a Multicurrency Accounts Payable Ledger in Sage 300 Accounts Payable
- On the Processing tab of the A/P Options screen, select the Multicurrency option for Accounts Payable.
- Note: Once you turn on the Multicurrency option, you cannot turn it off again.
- Use the A/P Account Sets screen to add at least one account set for each currency you want to use in Accounts Payable.
- When you create vendor groups and vendor records, select the account set and the rate type for each record.
- The vendor’s account set determines the vendor’s currency. The vendor group account set is only a default when adding vendor records. You can override it.
- If you post transactions to add year-to-date figures, enter them in the appropriate currencies.
- If you enter statistics for previous years and periods, you must enter amounts in both the functional and vendor currencies. Accounts Payable cannot calculate equivalent amounts from statistics you enter yourself.