How to Review Customer Comments on the Customer List Preview in Accounts Receivable for Sage 300
To review customer comments on the Customer List Preview:
- Open Accounts Receivable > A/R Customers > Customer List.
- Specify criteria for to generate a customer list, including Comment Follow-up or Comment Expiration as selection criteria.
If you need help to create a customer list, follow the instructions in “Printing a List of Customers” (page 300), specifying additional criteria for comments in the Select By fields.
- Accept the default range of comment follow-up or comment expiration dates, or specify a different range of dates using the From and To fields beside these criteria.
- If you want to include customers whose records do not have comment dates within the specified range, select the option Include Customers With No Comments.
- Click Process.
The Customer List Preview screen appears, displaying two information tables.
The top table includes the list of customers. The bottom table displays comments that match your criteria.
- On the top table, select the line for a customer whose comments you want to view.
The bottom table on the preview lists comments that match your criteria for the selected customer.
You can also add a new comment for a customer at this point.
- Click in the Customer No. column for the customer for whom you want to add a comment.
- Click the Customer No. column heading
The Customer Inquiry screen opens, displaying information for the selected customer.
On the Customer Inquiry screen:
- Click the Comments tab.
- Click the table on the Comments tab, and then press the Insert key on your
keyboard to start a new line.
- Enter or edit information for the comment as necessary, including the expiration date, follow-up date, comment type, and user ID.
- Double-click the Comment field, and then type the text for the comment on the screen that appears.
- Click Close to return to the Customer Inquiry screen.
- Click Close to return to the Customer List.
- If you want to print the generated list to your usual print destination, click Print.