How to record the purchase of an asset for Sage Fixed Assets on Sage 300 Purchase Orders
- Open Purchase Orders > P/O Transactions > Receipt Entry. For more information, see “P/O Receipt Entry Screen” (page 563).
- Create a new receipt transaction, entering header information as usual. (For detailed instructions on entering receipt transactions, see “Entering Receipts” (page 134).)
- Tab into the detail entry table (or click the table), and then enter information for the item detail, including the item number for the asset you are receiving, location, quantity, and unit of measure, as usual.
- Tip: You can click the Item/Tax. button or press F9 to display a separate screen that lets you view and edit all the information for a single detail, including tax information.
- Double-click ini the he Fixed Assets column cell to display “Yes,” and then click the Zoom button to open the Fixed Assets screen.
- Enter information for the asset record as follows:
- If you want to use a different template than the one displayed on the Fixed Assets screen, use the Finder for the Template field to select a different one. Otherwise, either accept the default template code that appears or clear the entry from this field. (You do not have to use a template to create the asset in Sage Fixed Assets.)
- Use the Description field to enter the description that you want to use for the asset in Sage Fixed Assets.
- If you are using more than one asset item and you want to create separate asset records for each one in Sage Fixed Assets, select the Separate Assets option. The program allocates the Sage Fixed Assets value entered on the Fixed Assets screen proportionately to each Sage Fixed Assets record it creates. For example, for a quantity of 10
and a value of $25,000, the program creates 10 asset records with a value of $2,500 each.
- In the Fixed Asset Quantity field, type the quantity of asset items you are receiving.
- In the Fixed Asset UOM field, type the unit of measure for the quantity that you entered.
- In the Fixed Asset Value field, type the value to book for the asset in Sage Fixed Assets.
- Click Close to return to the item detail entry screen.
- When you have finished adding details for the transaction, click Close to return to the main Receipt Entry screen.
- Click Add, and then click Close.
Note: You must run Create Assets in Sage Fixed Assets Integration to update Sage Fixed Assets with the asset information.