How to Rebuild SY System Files using the SY_RebuildSystem.m4p Utility in Sage 100
How to rebuild SY system files using the SY_RebuildSystem.m4p utility in Sage 100 (formerly MAS 90 or 200) versions 4.10 and higher
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions. If necessary, seek the assistance of a qualified Sage business partner, network administrator, or Sage customer support analyst.
System files are typically in use while Sage 100 ERP is running. Therefore, rebuilding has to be done from outside of the program. There are well over 100 system files available to be rebuilt. They reside in the \MAS90\MAS_System and \MAS90\SOA directories where Sage 100 ERP is installed. If the system file is not listed in the utility, it cannot be rebuilt with this utility (or in rare cases, the file may be currently locked or unavailable).
To rebuild SY system files using the SY_RebuildSystem.m4p utility:
- Have all users log out of Sage 100 ERP.
- Stop the following services or applications
- If running Sage 100 ERP Advanced or Premium, the Service or Application must be stopped.
- If the Sage 100 ERP Integration Engine is running, stop the Service.
- If the e-Business Manager Web Engine is running, stop the Service or Application.
- Make a backup copy of the system file(s) to be rebuilt. System files are critical for Sage 100 ERP to function correctly.
- Open Windows Explorer, and browse to the \MAS90\Home directory on the server where Sage 100 ERP is installed
- Right click on Pvxwin32.exe application to access a ProvideX command line window, select to Run as Administrator.
- Type in the following command and press the Enter key:
- RUN “SY_RebuildSystem.M4P
- At the User Logon prompt, enter your user logon and password.
- Once past the warning prompt, a Rebuild Key Files window will appear, displaying the available system files that can be rebuilt.
Note: For more information on how to rebuild files refer to Related Resources: “How to Rebuild Key Files.”
Note: This utility cannot be used if Unified Logon is enabled.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.