How to Rebuild Sort Files in Sage 100
How to Rebuild Sort Files in Sage 100
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
Sort files are automatically maintained when records are added or deleted from the master files. Use the Rebuild Application Sort Files utility for the following reasons:
- The sort files are damaged, resulting in a missing record error (Error 11) or missing information in a report.
- Data files have been rebuilt or reinitialized.
- Balances must be recalculated to resolve a specific issue.
- Expand Modules, Library Master, Utilities, Rebuild Sort Files. (For Sage MAS 90 version 3.71 and earlier, Expand Modules, Library Master, Repair, and double-click Rebuild Application Sort Files.)
- Review the warning, and click OK.
- From the Rebuild Sort Files window, select an application from the Module field, and a company code from the Company field.
- Click Proceed, and select responses to the questions pertaining to certain modules (see below).
- Close the Rebuild Sort Files window.
In response to the question, “Do you want to recalculate vendor balances in the Vendor master file?” click Yes to recalculate balance due in the Vendor Masterfile.
- Select the Recalculate Aging in Customer Master check box to recalculate the dollar amounts of open invoices that belong in the aging fields (Current Balance, Over 30, Over 60, Over 90, Over 120) in each customer record in the Customer Masterfile. These aging fields display near the bottom of the Invoices tab in Customer Maintenance.
- Select an aging date from the Aging Date field. This is the date that aging is calculated by. Aging recalculates by the invoice date or due date, per the Age Invoices By selection in Accounts Receivable Options. Age Invoices By selections include the following:
- Include Paid Invoices. This determines whether paid invoices show in the aging.
- Age Credit Memos. This determines if credit memos are to be included in the aging recalculation.
- Exclude Future Transactions. This determines if future transactions beyond the aging date are to be included in the aging recalculation.
- Select the Recalculate Open Order amount in Customer checkbox to recalculate the Open Order Amount in each customer record in the Customer Masterfile. Select this when the open order amount is incorrectly reported as being higher than the customer’s credit limit, which prevents new sales orders from being entered.
In response to the question, “Do you want to recalculate committed lot/serial quantities?” click Yes to search the following files for any data entry records containing lot or serial items:
- S/O Invoice Data Entry (Tier Distribution Detail)
- I/M Transaction Entry
- P/O Return of Goods/Invoice Entry
- P/O Material Requisition Issue Entry
- P/O Receipt of Goods/Invoice Entry
- B/M Production Entry
- B/M Disassembly Entry
If no records containing lot/serial items are found, all lot and serial quantities committed in the Cost Detail File are cleared.
In response to the question, “Would you like to recalculate unbilled costs also?” click Yes to recalculate the Unbilled Costs field in the Job Masterfile.
In response to the question, “Would you like to recalculate open purchase order quantities in the inventory master file also?” click Yes to recalculate the On PO quantity in Inventory Maintenance/Inquiry based on the open orders in the Purchase Order entry files.
In response to the question, “Do you want to recalculate open sales order quantities in the Inventory master file also?” click Yes to recalculate the On SO quantity in Inventory Maintenance/ Inquiry based on the open orders in the Sales Order entry files.
In response to the question, “Do you want to recalculate Open Work Order Quantities in the Inventory Masterfile also?” click Yes to recalculate the On WO quantity in Inventory Maintenance/Inquiry based on the open orders in the Work Order entry files.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.