How to Purge Item History records from inventory in Sage 100
How to remove or clear item history records from Inventory Management in Sage 100; Which data files are purged when the Inventory Management, Utilities menu, Purge Item History utility is run?
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions. If necessary, seek the assistance of a qualified Sage business partner, network administrator, or Sage customer support analyst.
Note: The Purge Item History utility will purge historical records up to and including a specific year.
Note: Depending on the amount of history kept, this may take several minutes, or may take several hours.
- Prior to running the utility, make sure to back up the data files
- Ideally, all users should be logged out of Sage 100 ERP
- To minimize network bandwidth usage, the user running the utility should ideally be logged into Sage 100 ERP
To run the Purge Item History utility:
- Open Inventory Management, Utilities menu, Purge Item History
- For Remove Item History Dated on or Before Year, enter a 4-digit year value
- Click Proceed
- Wait for the process to complete.
Note: Progress will be displayed with a percentage value that is updated at regular intervals.
- Open Library Master, Utilities menu, Rebuild Key Files. This step is critical in reducing disk space consumed by the files as the utility will delete records but not re-write the physical file structure.
Note: The above tables will have one or more new records for each inventory item in place of the total records removed. These records are for tracking purposes and are called “Purge” (IX) records.