How to process an advance credit on Sage 300 Accounts Payable
- Open Accounts Payable > A/P Transactions > Payment Entry.
- Display the payment entry.
- Click the Zoom button beside the Advance Credit field. The Advance Credit screen appears.
- For each claim for which you are recording a credit, press Insert to create a detail line, and then complete the following detail fields:
- Document Number. Enter a number to identify the debit document that the system will produce for the advance credit. The number should help you to match this document with the credit note, when it arrives. For example, if your vendor has given you an RMA number, you could use that for the document number (say RMA-00001).
- Reference. Enter a meaningful reference number to identify the specific document that will be credited, typically, an invoice number.
- Description. Enter a description for the debit note, such as a description of the goods you are returning and the reason.
- Claim Amount. Enter the amount the vendor is crediting you for the return of the goods.
- Note: The Advance Credit field displays the total amount of advance credits entered.
- Click Close to return to the Payment Entry screen, where you apply the Payment (including the advance credit), as usual.
- Click Save.