How to Look up a Returned Customer Check in Accounts Receivable for Sage 300
To look up returned customer checks you have processed in Bank Services:
- Open Accounts Receivable > A/R Customers > Customer Inquiry.
- In the Customer No. field, enter the customer number, and then press Tab.
- If you have a multicurrency system, in the Amounts In field, specify whether to display the information in your company’s functional currency or in the customer’s currency.
- Click the Receipts tab.
- In the Receipt Status area, select Returned to display returned checks.
- In the Order By field, specify whether to list documents in receipt date order or receipt number order.
- Click the Go button.
If you use multicurrency accounting, the program displays the amount in the bank currency and, depending on your selection for the Amounts In option, it also displays the receipt amount in either your functional currency or the customer’s currency.
When you post a check reversal in Bank Services (for example, for an NSF check), Accounts Receivable automatically enters the amount and number of returned checks in the activity statistics kept with the customer record.
It can also reinstate the corresponding invoice or debit note in the customer’s account. To make sure invoices and debit notes are still available to reinstate when checks are returned, you cannot clear paid invoices from Accounts Receivable for 45 days after you clear the checks that paid them in Bank Services.