How to Invoice Customers for Outstanding Retainage in Accounts Receivable for Sage 300
- You can also invoice customers individually for outstanding retainage using the A/R Invoice Entry screen. Select Retainage Invoice as the document type.
- If you assign a schedule that uses a reminder on the Retainage tab of the A/R Options screen, Accounts Receivable reminds you and other users to process retainage transactions when they are due. You can then process the retainage transactions directly from the Reminder List in Common Services, rather than from the A/R Create Retainage Batch screen.
- When you post a retainage document, Accounts Receivable assigns the next available invoice, credit note, or debit note number. If you use separate numbering for retainage documents, the program assigns the next retainage invoice, retainage credit note, or retainage debit note number.
- Accounts Receivable uses the Summary detail type for processing outstanding retainage.
To create a batch of retainage documents:
- Open Accounts Receivable > Periodic Processing > Create Retainage Batch.
- Specify the Run Date for this retainage batch.
- Specify the types of original retainage documents for which you are now processing outstanding retainage.
- Choose the type of record by which to select outstanding retainage for processing, and then enter the range of records from which to select outstanding retainage.
- In the Number Of Days In Advance field, specify the number of days in advance of the retainage due date that retainage documents can be created.
- Click Process to create the batch.
Accounts Receivable updates the Last Invoiced field on the Retainage tab of the A/R Options screen.
After generating a retainage batch
- Use the A/R Invoice Entry screen to make any changes to the retainage invoices, debit notes, and credit notes.
- Print a listing of the batch, verify the information, then file the listing. If you need to make corrections, reprint the listing after editing the batch.
- On the A/R Invoice Batch List screen, select the Ready To Post option for the batch.
- Post retainage batches using the A/R Invoice Batch List screen or the A/R Post Batches screen.