How to Import to Sage Fixed Assets Planning
- Importing transactions from Excel to Planning?
- Import assets into Sage Fixed Assets Planning?
- Import from Excel Spreadsheet to Sage Fixed Assets Planning?
- How to import?
- How to import to Sage Fixed Assets Planning?
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
To Import into the Sage Fixed Assets Planning:
In Sage Fixed Assets Planning:
- Go to, Projects, Utilities, Import, click Next.
- Select the Database, select the desired option to import transactions to multiple or single projects, click Next.
- Click Browse Data to locate the import file, highlight the Import file, click Open, select Create or use Existing Field Map as appropriate, click Next.
- Map the fields from the Import file to the Planning Fields. NOTE: Ensure that the corresponding columns are mapped correctly in the available fields, choose the appropriate Begin at row number ( i.e. the first row that has line items.) and Save the field map.
- Click on Validate to check for errors, click on View Report to check for Invalid records, Edit the .CSV file until there are no invalid records when Validating.
- Once the are no error on Validating: Click on Import.
Overview: The import File must have the following Fields:
Note: The import file must be an ASCII file with a CSV extension (Comma Separated Value format).Overview: The import File must have the following Fields:
Note: Each line in the import file represents a transaction. If looking to import into line items other the defualt Line Item ID 9999 Pending Transactions, the Line Items needs to be created prior to the import and inculded in the import file. Line items will not be created during Import process.
- Date Posted
- Project Name (Required only if you are importing transactions into multiple projects)
- Transaction Date
- Transaction Amount
- Line Item ID: (Optional: Can only be used if the Line Items already exist in the Project.)
- Numeric data – should either be an integer (0 through 9) or in 9.2 format (that is, up to 9 digits to the left of the decimal point and up to 2 digits to the right of the decimal point). If the number contains a comma, it must be surrounded by quotation marks.
- Dates – can be entered in any of the following format: MM/DD/YYYY
- Currency – should be entered in 9.2 format (that is, up to 9 digits to the left of the decimal point and up to 2 digits to the right of the decimal point). Whole dollars can be entered, but do not enter a dollar sign. If the number contains a comma, it must be surrounded by quotation marks.
- Text – data can include up to 25 alphabetic or numeric characters. The data cannot include commas.
For more detailed information about importing into Planning: Please see the Sage Fixed Assets Planning User’s Guide – under Help menu, Appendix B Importing Data.