How to enter a Sage CRM Prospect Quote in CRM integrated with Sage 100
How to enter/create a Sage CRM Prospect Quote in CRM integrated with Sage 100
From Sage 100 Help:
- You can access Sales Order Entry from within Sage CRM to enter quotes for Sage CRM companies that are not related to an Accounts Receivable customer. The sales order type will be Prospect.
- All prospect quotes are stored in Sales Order using the Sage CRM prospect customer number established in CRM Company Options. When a relationship is established with an Accounts Receivable customer, all prospect quotes for that company are automatically promoted to customer quotes and are updated with the related Sage 100 ERP customer number.
Before You Begin
- The Customer Relationship Management module must be set up before prospect quotes can be created. For more information, see Set Up Customer Relationship Management for a New Company
- A prospect customer number must be defined in CRM Company Options before prospect quotes can be entered
- You can create prospect quotes only for Sage CRM companies that are not related to Accounts Receivable customers. If the company you are creating a quote for has a relationship with an Accounts Receivable customer, see Enter a Sage CRM Sales Order or Customer Quote
- Prospect quotes can be created only if Sales Order Entry is accessed from within the Sage CRM software. After a prospect quote is created, it can be accessed in Sales Order Entry from either Sage CRM or Sage 100 ERP
To enter a Sage CRM prospect quote
From Sage 100 Help:
- In Sage CRM, select the prospect company and opportunity
- Note: Sales quotes require the selection of a Sage CRM company and opportunity and a Sage 100 ERP company. If you are not in the context of an opportunity, the Create New Sage CRM Quote window appears, allowing you to enter this information or create a new opportunity on the fly. For information on how to enter an opportunity on the fly, see Enter a Sage CRM Opportunity On the Fly (in Sage 100 Help).
- Click the Quotes tab, and then click New Quote
- In Sales Order Entry, to copy an existing sales order or quote, click Copy From. Only the line information is copied from the source document, not the order or quote header information. Pricing and taxes are recalculated for the quote based on the customer and tax code header information. Sage CRM prospect quotes cannot be copied.
- On the Header tab, enter the appropriate quote information. The Order Type field displays Prospect Quote. The Prospect ID field displays the Sage CRM company ID. The Salesperson field displays the salesperson code assigned to your Sage CRM user ID. The Sage CRM User ID and Sage CRM Opportunity fields display your Sage CRM user ID and the selected opportunity for the quote. These fields can only be viewed. For more information, see Sales Order Entry – Fields (in Sage 100 Help)
- Click the Address tab, and verify the prospect address information
- Click the Lines tab. Enter the line item information for the quote. For more information, see Enter a Sales Order or Price Quote (in Sage 100 Help)
- Click the Totals tab, and enter any discounts, shipping and freight, payment information, and commission rate, if applicable
- To print the quote, click Quick Print
- Click Accept
- The prospect quote is created, and a note is written back to the Sage CRM company
- Prospect quotes are stored in the Sage 100 ERP system under a single Sage CRM Prospects customer number (specified in Customer Relationship Management, Main, Company Options in the Sage 100 company). If the prospect company becomes a customer through the creation of a relationship between the Sage CRM company and an Accounts Receivable customer, all prospect quotes for that company are then automatically promoted to customer quotes and updated with the new customer number
- Prospect quotes are stored in the Sage 100 ERP system until they are purged, promoted, or the prospect company is deleted. Prospect quotes are not stored in the Sales Order/Quote History file; when purged from the Sales Order file, they are removed permanently from the system