How to Delete Inactive Accounts in General Ledger in Sage 300
Use the G/L Period End Maintenance screen to:
- Delete unneeded accounts, transaction details, and fiscal sets.
- Reset the current batch number to 1.
Warning! Period-end maintenance permanently deletes information from General Ledger. Before performing period-end maintenance, back up your data.
- Open General Ledger > G/L Periodic Processing > Period End Maintenance.
- Select the procedures you want to perform: Delete Inactive Accounts.
- You can delete an account only if it:
- Has an Inactive status.
- Has zero balances for the current year, and for all previous years for which you retain transaction data.
- Is not assigned as the default closing account on the G/L Options screen. (If necessary, you can assign a different account number to be the default account.)