How to Create Batches of General Ledger Transactions in Accounts Receivable for Sage 300
Before You Start
- Post all outstanding batches.
- Print the G/L Transactions report.
Note: You cannot print this report after you create the general ledger batches
To create G/L batches:
- Open Accounts Receivable > Periodic Processing > Create G/L Batch.
- Select the types of posted batches from which to create transactions.
You can create a general ledger batch that includes transactions from invoice batches, receipt batches, adjustment batches, refund batches, and revaluation batches.
- Select the posting sequence number through which to create transactions for each batch type.
- Click Process.
If you use Sage 300 General Ledger, Accounts Receivable either adds the new transactions to existing General Ledger batches or creates new batches, depending on your choice for the Create G/L Batches By option on the A/R G/L Integration screen.
If you do not use Sage 300 General Ledger, you see a message asking whether to append transactions to an existing batch file or to overwrite the file.
After creating a G/L batch
- Post the batches inSage 300 General Ledger, if you use it, or in your other general ledger.
- If you do not use Sage 300 General Ledger, delete the general ledger batch file from Accounts Receivable after you have transferred the transactions to your general ledger.