How to Create a User in Sage 300
There are 3 steps on creating a user and assigning access with Security Groups:
- First, create a User in Sage 300.
- Next, Set Up Security Groups (if you want to create a new one or they do not exist).
- Finally, assign the Security Groups to the Sage 300 User.
To create a User in Sage 300
- The first step is to log in to Sage 30.
- Next, go to the Administrative Services module.
- Then, click on Users Icon.
- In the User ID field, use up to eight characters to type a unique code to identify this user (letters from A to Z and digits from 0 to 9). The ID must start with a letter, not a number. New button If the ID field is not blank, click the New button to start a new record. When security is turned on for the system database, the User ID determines user’s access rights in Sage 300.
- In the Username field, type a name for this user.
- In the Account Type field, select User or Timecard.
- Note: If you select Timecard, you must create a security group for employees who only enter timecards, later.
- Select the language in which to display and print this user’s messages, Help, reports, and forms. Note: If you use Sage 300 web screens, users may need to select this language in their web browser settings as the preferred language for viewing web pages.
- In the Authentication Method field, select one of the following options that determines how this user will sign on to Sage 300
- Sage 300 — allows the user to sign on using only their Sage 300 User ID.
- Windows — allows the user to sign on using their Windows User ID.
- Both — allows the user to sign on using either their Windows User ID or their Sage 300 User ID.
- If you are unsure which one to pick, select Sage 300.
- Finally, in the Job Role field, select the role that most resembles this user’s job role. If you leave this field blank, the user is prompted to select a role when they sign in.