How to create a custom depreciation method
- How to create a customized depreciation method?
- How to import custom depreciation method?
In Sage Fixed Assets-Depreciation:
- Go to: Customize, Depreciation Methods.
- Enter a unique name for the method, click Add.
NOTE: Existing Depreciation Methods cannot be re-used. See the Related resources: for a complete list of Depreciation Methods.
- Optional: Enter a description.
- Select a Disposal Method, enter the percentages for each year of the assets life to Total 100%, click OK.
The new depreciation method can be added from the Asset Detail view of the assets.
NOTE: Custom Depreciation Methods can be imported into new assets if the Method has been created in the Sage Fixed Assets-Depreciation company first.