How to copy bills of material to master items on Sage 300 Inventory Control
- Open Inventory Control > I/C Items and Price Lists > Copy Bills of Material.
- In the From Master Item Number and From BOM Number, specify the source master item and bill of material.
- In the To Master Item Number and To BOM Number, specify the destination master item and bill of material, and then click the Go button.
- Note: The destination item number must already exist.
- Fill in the following information for the BOM that you are creating. Description. Enter a description to identify the bill of material you are creating. The description is especially important if you use several alternative BOMs to create the same master item. Fixed Cost. Enter the setup cost for assembling the new bill of material. The cost from the original BOM appears as the default. Build Quantity. Enter the number of master items that one assembly of the bill of material produces. The build quantity from the original BOM appears as the default. Variable Cost. Enter the cost for one assembly of the bill of material. (One assembly produces the “build quantity” of master items.) The cost from the original BOM appears as the default. Unit of Measure. Enter the unit of measure or use the Finder to select the unit of measure to assign to the master items that you create when you assemble the bill of material. The UOM from the original BOM appears as the default. The Finder lists the units of measure that have been assigned to the master item on the Units tab of the I/C Items screen. If you want to use a different UOM, you must add it to the master item record. Start Date / End Date. This is the period of time during which the master item can be assembled. For example, you might keep a particular master item in stock only for the duration of a contract. Comments. Enter comments that you want to save with the new BOM. Copy Detail.All component items from the old bill of material will be copied to the new BOM as defaults. If you do not want to copy a particular component, double-click the Copy Detail column to select No.
- Click Create to copy the selected BOM.