How to combine two or more lots in Sage 300 Inventory Control
- Open Inventory Control > I/C Periodic Processing > Lot Splits/Combines.
- From the Type list, select Combine. The Split Number field changes to Combine Number. Accept *** NEW *** as the combine number.
- In the Item Number field, specify the lotted item you want to work with.
- In the Location field, specify where the lots you want to combine are stored.
- In the Transaction Date field, accept the default transaction date, or change the date, if necessary.
- In the To section:
- In the Lot Number field, specify an existing destination lot you want to combine items into, or create a new lot by typing the new lot number in the field. (The new lot number must conform to the lot number mask specified in the item record.)
- In the Qty. Combine field, enter the quantity to move to the destination lot.
- Enter an Expiry Date, if one is required for the combined lot.
- Change the Stock Date for the destination lot, if necessary.
- Use the table in the From section to specify the lots and quantities that you are combining in the destination lot.
- Important! The total of all quantities in the Qty. to Combine column must equal the quantity in the Qty. Combine field in the To section, or you will not be able to post the transaction.
- Click Post to combine the lots.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.