How to Change the Credit Limit for a Customer in Accounts Receivable for Sage 300
Before You Start
- Check the Credit tab on Customer Groups screen to ensure that the customer group lets you edit credit limits for individual customers.
- Decide on the amount of credit you want to extend to the customer, and whether you want to issue warnings if posting a transaction would exceed the credit limit or overdue limit.
To change the credit limit for a customer:
- Open Accounts Receivable > A/R Customers > Customers.
- Click the Processing tab.
- To change the amount of credit you extend to the customer, in the Issue Credit Warning When section:
- Select the Total Outstanding Balance Exceeds the Credit Limit Of option, if it is not already selected, and then press the Tab key.
- In the amount field, type the new credit limit.
- To change the limits for overdue transactions, in the Issue Credit Warning When section:
- Select the A/R Transactions Overdue By option, if it is not already selected, and then press the Tab key.
- In the Days or More field, type the number of days by which the customer’s transactions can be overdue before a warning appears during a credit check.
- Press the Tab key.
- In the amount field, enter the total amount that transactions can be overdue before triggering a warning.
- Click Save, and then click Close
Tip: You can change the credit limits for a national account in a similar fashion. Display the national account record, and then follow the same steps as for changing a customer’s credit limits