How to back up Sage 100 ERP Premium (SQL) databases
How to back up databases for Sage 100 ERP Premium (SQL)
These steps require knowledge of database engines and application databases (DBs) used by your Sage product (including Microsoft/Transact SQL, Pervasive SQL, or MySQL, etc.). Customer Support is not responsible for assisting with these steps and cannot be responsible for errors resulting from changes to the database engine or DBs. Before making changes, backup all system and application DBs required for a full restore. Contact an authorized business partner or DB administrator for assistance.
- There are no Sage specific utilities to backup Sage 100 ERP Premium (SQL) databases.
- Microsoft SQL Server and other third party backup programs provide the ability to automate the backup of your SQL databases.
To manually backup Sage 100 ERP Premium (SQL) databases:
- Open SQL Server Management Studio. and enter the SQL instance and log in information to connect to your SQL server hosting your Sage 100 ERP Premium (SQL) database
- Expand Databases.
- Right click on the MAS_XXX database to be backed up (XXX=company code)
- Select Tasks.
- Select Backup.
- Verify the Backup type is Full
- Verify the Backup Component is Database
- In the Destination note the path and file name (.BAK file by default)
- Click OK.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.