How to assign the inventory valuation method to an account set on Sage 300 Inventory Control
- Open Inventory Control > I/C Setup > Account Sets.
- Fill in the fields on the Account Sets screen as follows:
- Account Set Code. Type a code of up to six characters to identify the account set.
- Description. Type a description for the account set.
- Costing Method. Select the costing method that the account set will use for valuing your inventory and determining the cost of goods sold.
- General Ledger Accounts. Enter general ledger account numbers for the inventory control, payables clearing, adjustment write off, assembly cost credit, non stock clearing, transfer clearing, shipment clearing, disassembly expense, and physical inventory adjustment accounts that make up the set.
- Click the Finder or press F5 to display a list of general ledger account numbers. Highlight the account you want, and then press Enter to select it.
- Click Add or Save (if you created the account set before).