How to Assign Serial Numbers or Lot Numbers to Items You Are Transferring to Another Location on Sage 300 Inventory Control
- Open Inventory Control > I/C Transactions > Transfers.
- Process the inventory transfer, including details for serialized or lotted items, as usual. When you specify the quantity for a serialized or lotted item in a detail, and then tab out of the quantity field, the respective Serial/Lot Numbers Allocation or Generation screen appears. You use it to assign the required serial numbers and lot numbers to items in the detail line. You can also open the Serial/Lot Number Allocation/Generation screen by clicking the quantity column heading (with the Zoom button).
- Tip: If you enter serial numbers or lot numbers manually in the following steps, make sure the numbers conform to the serial number mask or lot number mask assigned in the item record.
- Use the Serials tab to assign numbers to a serialized item, as follows:
- To assign the required serials numbers automatically, select the Auto-Allocate from check box, specify a starting value in the field, then click Auto-Alloc.
- To enter serial numbers manually, click the first line in the table (or press the Insert key to start a new line), and then use the Finder in the Serial Number column to select the number from a list of serial numbers available for the specified location.
- Use the Lots tab to assign lot numbers to a lotted item, as follows:
- To assign the required number of lots automatically, select the Auto-Allocate from check box, specify a starting value in the adjacent field, and then click Auto-Alloc.
- To enter lot numbers manually, click the first line in the table (or press the Insert key to start a new line), and then use the Finder in the Lot Number column to select the lot from the list of lot numbers available for the specified location.
- Click Close to return to the underlying transaction in the transaction entry screen.
- Tip: Before you try to close the screen, refer to the count section at the bottom of the screen to make sure you have assigned the required number of serial and/or lot numbers.
- When you have finished entering the transaction, click Post.