How to assign or change the inventory costing method for an item on Sage 300 Inventory Control
- Note: If you are adding a new item, follow the steps in “Adding Inventory Items Using the Items Wizard” (page 96).
- Open Inventory Control > I/C Items and Price Lists > Items.
- Enter or select the item number.
- On the Items tab, click the Finder beside the Account Set Code field. The Finder displays the account set codes, along with their description, status, and costing method.
- Select the account set that uses the costing method you want to assign.
- Click Save.
- If you are changing the costing method for an existing item:
- If you ship units of an item that use the standard costing method and you have not entered a standard cost, Inventory Control calculates the cost of goods sold using a standard cost of zero. Similarly, if you ship units of an item that uses most recent costing and you have not received any stock or entered a most recent cost, Inventory Control calculates the cost of goods sold using a most recent cost of zero.