How to apply amounts to details for different contracts, projects, categories, and resources with Sage 300 Accounts Payable
- Open Accounts Payable > A/P Transactions > Payment Entry.
- Display the payment, prepayment, or credit note.
- On the detail table, for the job-related invoice you are paying, select Yes in the Apply column.
- Click Jobs. The Project and Job Costing Apply Details screen appears.
- Enter the amount to apply to the selected invoice.
- In the Apply Method field, specify one of the following methods to apply the amount to contracts, projects, categories, and projects that appear on the invoice:
- Top Down. Select this method to apply an amount automatically to invoice details beginning with the first detail (contract-project-category-resource) on an invoice until the amount is fully applied. If you are using this method to allocate a payment to an invoice that uses a multiple payment schedule, you may have to adjust the allocations manually. Note that discounts, if any, are applied to the last line only. If you wish to allocate discounts proportionately, you should select the Prorate By Amount option.
- Prorate By Amount. Select this method to apply a payment amount proportionately to all invoice details, depending on the relative amounts of the details.
- Select any details that are not being paid at this time, and then click Clear to remove the details from the distribution.
- Click Close to return to the Payment Entry screen.
- Click Add or Save.
- Tip: If you accidentally delete a line, or if you use the Clear button to remove all the lines, you can use the Apply Line Number Finder to select a particular detail for payment. Select a detail for payment by doing the following:
- Select the first blank line on the table, or press Insert to create one.
- Click the heading for the Apply Line Number column, or double-click the Apply Line Number field, and then click the Finder that appears.
- Highlight the detail you want to pay from the displayed list of details, and then click Select, or double-click the detail.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.