How to adjust the Retention amount on an A/R Invoice for Sage 100
How to adjust the Retention amount on an A/R Invoice
- Open Job Cost, Job Billing, Job Billing Data Entry
- Select the Job No.
- Enter the existing invoice number to be adjusted
- Answer YES to “Invoice Already exists. Adjust?”
- On the Header tab, change the Retention Rate to 0%
- On the Totals tab, enter the change in the Less Retention field as a negative if reducing the Retention Amount and as a positive if increasing the Retention Amount.
- Accept and update the Job Billing Register (do not print an invoice first) and the Job Cost Daily Transaction Register.
- A separate transaction for the reduced Retention Amount is created. The original Retention Amount on the invoice does not display the Adjusted Retention Amount.
Note: If the Retention Amount on the original invoice given to the customer must be corrected, adjust the entire invoice amount + Retention, correct the Retention % in Job Masterfile Maintenance and re-invoice the customer.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.