How to add segment codes on Sage 300 General Ledger
- Open General Ledger > G/L Setup > Segment Codes.
- From the Segment Name list, select the segment for which you want to enter valid codes.
- If you are entering codes for the first time for this segment, click in the table or press the Tab key to insert the first line in the table. If you are editing existing codes, click the line you want to change, or click in the table and press the Insert key to add a code.
- In the Segment Code column, enter or change the code. The code must be the length you specified for the segment.
- Tab to the Description field, and then enter a description for the code.
- Press the Tab key, and, if the segment is used in closing accounts, enter the retained earnings account number to which this segment code closes.
- Note: You cannot select an account to which posting is prohibited.
- If you want to add another code, press the Insert key, and then repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
- When you have added all the codes for a segment, click Save.