How to Add or Edit a Distribution Code to Sage 300 Bank Services
- Open Common Services > Bank Services > Bank Setup > Distribution Codes.
- Enter a unique code to identify the type of transaction, using up to six alphanumeric characters, or, if you want to edit or delete an existing distribution code, use the navigation buttons or the Finder to select it.
- Enter a description for the code, using up to 60 characters.
- In the G/L Account field, use the Finder to select the account to debit or credit when you post bank transactions that use this distribution code.
- On the table at the bottom of the screen, using a separate line for each tax authority payable for this type of transaction:
- In the Tax Authority field, enter the code for the tax authority.
- In the Tax Class field, change the tax class, if necessary.
- Double-click the Tax Included field to change the entry from No to Yes, as permitted by
the tax authority.
- Click Add or Save, and then click Close.