How to Add, Edit, and Delete a Receipt Batch in Accounts Receivable for Sage 300
Before You Start
- Assign a default bank code on the Transactions tab of the A/R Options screen. You cannot create receipt batches until you do this.
- If you have a multicurrency ledger, determine the default currency code for the batch.
To add a receipt batch
- Open Accounts Receivable > A/R Transactions > Receipt Batch List.
- Click New to open the A/R Receipt Entry screen and create a new batch simultaneously.
Note: You can also create a new batch from the receipt entry screens by clicking the New button to the right of the Batch Number field.
- Beside the Batch Number field, enter a description for the batch.
- In the Batch Date field, enter a date for the new batch, or accept the session date that is displayed.
- Select a bank code.
You use only one bank code per batch because a batch can contain only one deposit slip.
If you have a multicurrency ledger, you can include receipts that use different currencies in the batch. However, you must ensure that the bank’s statement currency is the same as your functional currency, and you must also select a bank code that accepts the currencies you want to use in the batch.
- For multicurrency ledgers, specify a default currency for the batch.
The default currency appears for new entries. Accounts Receivable lets you change the receipt currency for specific receipts in the batch.
- In the Deposit Number field, enter a deposit number for the batch.
- To assign a new deposit number to the receipt batch, click the New button beside the Deposit Number field to let the program assign the next deposit number specified on the A/R Options screen.
- To assign an existing deposit number to the batch, use the Finder to select an existing deposit number.
Note: If you leave the Deposit Number field blank, the program assigns the next deposit number when you add the first receipt to the batch.
- Click the Zoom button beside the Batch Number field.
The A/R Batch Information screen appears.
- Enter a default rate date, rate type, and exchange (bank) rate for the batch.
The rate type assigned to the bank in Bank Services is automatically displayed; the rate date and rate that appear are selected from the Currency screens in Common Services. You can select a different rate date, rate type, and bank rate.
- Click Close to return to the A/R Receipt Entry screen.
To open a receipt batch for editing or deleting:
- Open Accounts Receivable > A/R Transactions > Receipt Entry or Quick Receipt Entry.
- In the Batch Number field, enter the number of a refund batch.
Tip: You can search for batch numbers using the Finder or the navigation buttons beside the Batch Number field.
- If you want to delete the batch, click Delete.
All transactions in the batch are deleted and the batch is listed as deleted on the Batch Status report. You cannot reuse the batch number.
After deleting a receipt batch
Clear the data for the deleted batch from Accounts Receivable. (Select the Clear Deleted And Posted Batches option on the A/R Clear History screen.)
Note: If a batch includes credit card transactions that have been settled in Paya, you cannot delete the batch.