How to Add a Route in Sage 300 Intercompany Transactions
- Open Intercompany Transactions > ICT Setup > Routes.
- Click the New button beside the Routes field.
- Select the originating and destination companies. A number appears in the Route Number field.
- Note: If routes exist for the combination of companies you selected, the table displays the companies in the route. To create a new route, you simply click the New button beside the Route Number field; if there are no existing routes for this combination of originating and destination companies, the number in the field is 1. The program will not let you enter a number—you must accept the next chronological number.
- In the Route Description field, enter a description for the new route.
- If you want to make this route inactive, select the Inactive option.
- In the table, enter data for each company, from the originator to the destination.
- In the Company field, select the first company in the route (Level 1).
- Specify whether to keep the source currency in the G/L transaction.
- Specify company loan accounts.
- Note: For Level 1, you specify only the next company loan account. For the final level (the destination), you specify only the previous company loan account.
- Select the functional currency and rate type, if necessary.
- Repeat the previous step for each level, ending with the destination. To insert another level, tab beyond the current line or press the Insert key.
- Note: The Number of Levels field is updated as you add each new level.
- Click Add to add a new route, or click Save if you changed an existing route.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.