How to Add a Receipt to a Deposit Slip for Quick Deposit in Accounts Receivable for Sage 300
Before You Start
- Decide whether to add receipts to an existing deposit slip, if there is one, or start a new deposit slip.
To add a receipt to a deposit slip:
- Open Accounts Receivable > A/R Transactions > Quick Receipt Entry.
- Do one of the following:
- Select an existing batch. Use the navigation buttons or the Finder beside the Batch Number field to display the batch you want to use.
- Create a new batch. Click theNew button beside the Batch Number field, then enter the batch date, bank code, default currency (in a multicurrency ledger), and deposit number.
- Select a line on the deposit list, and then press Insert.
- In the Transaction Type field, specify the transaction type:
- Unapplied Cash
- Miscellaneous Receipt
Note: In a new batch, Accounts Receivable displays the default transaction type you selected on the A/R Options screen.
- Specify the customer number, receipt type, check number (you can also let Accounts Receivable assign a number), receipt date, amount, payer name, description (of the receipt), fiscal year, and fiscal period.
- To begin a new line, press Insert.
- Continue adding the receipts you want to include on the same deposit slip.
- To print receipts, click Print Receipt.
- To print the deposit slip, click Deposit.
- Click Close when you have finished entering receipts for deposit.
After you complete the deposit slip
- Print the deposit slip.
- Use the A/R Receipt Entry screen to apply receipts in the deposit slip to documents in the customer’s account.
Tip: You can open the A/R Receipt Entry screen by selecting a transaction line on the A/R Quick Receipt Entry screen, and then clicking Open.