How to add a prepayment with an invoice to Sage 300 Accounts Payable
- Open Accounts Payable>A/P Transactions>Invoice Entry.
- Select the open batch that contains the invoice you are prepaying, or to which you want to add the invoice.
- Select the existing invoice that you are prepaying. If the invoice does not yet exist, enter the invoice information, and then click Add or Save.
- Click Prepay. The Prepayment screen appears.
- In the Batch Number field, type the number of the payment batch to which to add the prepayment, or use the Finder to select the batch. To create a new prepayment batch, click the New button beside the Batch Number field, then enter a description and a date for the batch.
- Fill in the remaining fields in the screen, as you would for any prepayment.
- Click the Add button to add the prepayment.
- Note: You can add only one prepayment per invoice.
- Tip: To cancel a prepayment before you have processed it, click Close without first clicking Add, then click Yes at the message that appears.
- Click Close.