How to Add a Prepayment that You Will Apply Later in Accounts Receivable for Sage 300
To add a prepayment:
- Open Accounts Receivable > A/R Transactions > Receipt Entry or Quick Receipt Entry.
- Do one of the following:
- Select an existing batch. Use the navigation buttons or the Finder beside the Batch Number field to display the batch you want to work with.
- Create a new batch. Click the New button beside the Batch Number field, then enter the batch date, bank code, default currency (in a multicurrency ledger), and deposit number.
- Depending on which screen you are using, do one of the following:
- On the A/R Receipt Entry screen, click theNew button beside the Entry Number field.
- On the A/R Quick Receipt Entry screen, select a line on the deposit list, and then press Insert.
- In the Transaction Type field, select Prepayment as the transaction type.
- Specify the customer number, payer name, payment code, check or receipt number, date, amount, type of document to apply by (document number, order number, purchase order number, or shipment number), document number (to apply the prepayment to), description, year, and period.
Note: If you use Payment Processing and want to process a credit card payment, you must select a payment code that uses the payment type SPS Credit Card before adding the receipt. After you select the payment code, the Processing Code field appears, along with a status field that displays information about the status of the credit card transaction. After you add the receipt, the Charge and Quick Charge buttons become available.
Tip: Click the Payment Code Finder to see a list of payment codes and associated payment types.
After adding a prepayment
- If you use Payment Processing, click Charge or Quick Charge to process the credit card prepayment in Paya.
- Post the prepayment. You must do so before you can apply the prepayment to the customer’s account.
- Apply the prepayment to the customer’s account