How to add a distribution code in Sage 300 Accounts Payable
- Open Accounts Payable>A/P Setup>Distribution Codes.
- On the screen that appears, enter information in the the following fields:
- Distribution Code. Type a code, up to six characters, to identify the distribution code.
- Description. Type a description of the distribution code.
- G/L Account. Enter the general ledger account number to which amounts posted with the distribution code are distributed. If you use Sage 300 General Ledger, you can select the general ledger account number from the Finder.
- Discountable. Select this option if you want to invoice, credit note, debit note, and recurring payable details that use this distribution code to be discountable by default. (You can change the Discountable status when you enter a detail.)
- When finished, click Add.