Define additional optional fields for transactions in Sage 300
You can create virtually unlimited number of fields of various data types including Rich Text and Electronic Attachments. Though the number and type of optional fields created is only limited by technical restrictions imposed by the Sage 300 data access layer, you can evade them by defining multiple records for the same purpose.
Adds Electronic Document Management to Sage 300
Adds Optional Fields anywhere in Sage 300
Enables single click access to websites and external file servers from inside Sage 300
Extends reporting capabilities
Adds fields on batch, entry, and detail line levels
Increases flexibility of data types
Supports 3rd Party SDK applications
Reduced Ongoing Costs with Easy Installation, Configuration & Support
Rich Text Editor Available for Optional Fields
Attach Files of ANY Format to Sage 300 Transactions
With support for Hyperlinks, Field Extender provides single click access to websites and external file servers from inside Sage 300. Using Field Extender, you can now print YOUR own color Product Catalog in-house, with Images and Rich Text, direct from your Sage 300 inventory database.
- In addition to optional fields made available by the Sage 300 2019 Transaction Analysis and Optional Fields Creator module, Field Extender allows adding unlimited optional fields to ANY Sage 300 screen. Moreover, Field Extender works with most 3rd party SDK applications.
- Field Extender allows attaching electronic files to ANY Sage 300 screen. For example, you may attach scanned vendor invoices to A/P transactions, images to Inventory Items, or employee photos to US/Canadian Payroll records.
- Field Extender allows validation of captured optional fields against any Sage 300 table. In addition to saving time by eliminating the requirement of updating validation tables manually or by macros, this feature allows keeping validation tables updated at all time.
- By offering the “Field Sets” feature, Field Extender allows using different sets of optional fields for the same Sage 300 screen. For example, different sets of optional fields may be assigned to different types of businesses.
- The “Field Groups” feature in Field Extender allows sub-grouping optional fields. In case of a big number of optional fields, this facility makes data entry more convenient to the user. As per user preferences, each sub-group may be expanded or collapsed.
- In Field Extender, the maximum length of a “String Type” field is 255 characters. This is limited to 60 characters in the Sage 300 2019 Transaction Analysis and Optional Fields Creator module.
- When the length of captured text exceeds the column width, Field Extender opens a text box automatically, to display the full contents and make data entry user friendly.
- Field Extender allows attaching Rich Text files without size limitation to ANY Sage 300 screen. For example, you may attach complete production procedures or safety measures to MISys screens.
- Field Extender supports multiple optional field records per Sage 300 record. For example, you may capture multiple sets of vendor related optional fields for each I/C Item.
- The F/E 2019E Customization Guide provides hints on development techniques.
- Fields Extender used to produce reports displaying I/C Item Images and I/C Item Extended Descriptions in Rich Text Format with Crystal Reports
- Fields Extender added to MISys Item No.
- Fields Extender added to MISys Bill of Materials on Detail Line Level.
- Field Extender added to G/L Journal Entry on Detail Line level.
- Field Extender added to O/E Order Entry, O/E Shipment Entry & O/E Invoice Entry on Order No., Shipment No. & Invoice No. levels respectively; with automatic cascaded “copy” functionality.
- Field Extender added to I/C Items on Item Number level.
- Field Extender added to Payroll on Employee level, with Employee’s photograph, contract and leave schedule.
- Field Extender added to Norming A/M Asset Register on Asset ID level.
- Field Extender added to A/P Invoice Entry on Detail Line Level.
- Field Extender added to A/R Customers on Customer Number level.
- Field Extender added to P/O Purchase Order Entry on P/O Number level.