Error: "The PDF document was not created successfully"
Error: “The PDF document was not created successfully” when trying to save a PDF document using Paperless Office for Sage 100
- Verify that the “Use Lockfile” checkbox is selected in Paperless Office Advanced Options for each company code
- From the Sage 100 Desktop, open File,
- Select Run
- For Program, enter PL_AdvancedOptions_UI
- Click OKto open the Paperless Office Advanced Options task window
- Make sure the “Use LockFile” checkbox is selected (checked)
- Click Accept
- Check the PDF Directory path and permissions
- Open Paperless Office, Setupmenu,
- Select Journal and Register Maintenance, Report Maintenance, or Form Maintenance, etc. (depending on whether it is a journal/register, report, or form)
- Click the Entries(flashlight icon) button to see the list of existing entries already made (e.g. Journal and Register Entries, Report Entries, or Form Entries button)
- Select the most appropriate existing entry that covers the journal, register, report, or form where the error occurs, by company, module, and/or document
- Copy the PDF Directorypath
- Open the path in File Explorer or Windows Explorer
- Verify that any existing PDF documents can be opened and displayed
- Note: The path should be a UNC path. One of the most common reasons fo the error message is due to time-out when the storage location is on a separate server from the Sage 100 server. So try to make sure the UNC path is to a storage location on the same server as the Sage 100 host.
- If there are any 0 KBsized PDF documents, delete them from the list.
- Test to see if the user is able to create a new file (such as a new text document) in the directory and delete that new file.
- Note: If the user is not able to do so (“Access is denied”, etc.) there is a Windows security/permissions issue that needs to be resolved by the network administrator.