How to Create a Client User in Zoho Projects
Whether you’re a public or private company, clients and external users want to see honesty, transparency, and results. A great way to show that a project is going well is to create client users in Zoho Project, and share your project status with clients.
In this tutorial, we’ll go over the steps to create client users in Zoho Projects. Share your project status with clients, auditors, stockholders, or anyone who may have an interest in your project status!
How to Create a New Client User in Zoho Projects
- Log into Zoho Projects.
- Next, click on the Setup icon in the top right corner.
- Then, under Manage Users in the left sidebar, click on Client Users > Add User in the top right corner
- Next, enter the User Email and click on Add Client Company
- Select the project(s) you wish to connect to the client user
- After that, click Add to save
- Now, you should see the newly added client user on your Client Users page
- The added client user will receive an email notification with an invitation for them to log in and view the project.
- Before we grant access to the client user to our project’s task list, please keep this in mind:
Once a task list is marked as “External”, a client user has view, add, and edit access to the task list (by default).
- If you’d like to ensure that a client cannot edit tasks, please follow the instructions for “How to Change View/Add/Edit Privileges for a Client User” first, before following the instructions for “How to Share a Project With a Client User.”