Orchid Bin Tracking
Sage 300 Multiple Bins Enhancement
- Keep of inventory items in multiple track bins
- Pinpoint exactly where your inventory is at any point in time
- Reduced picking and put away – save time & errors money
- Smart economical solution that people for
What is Bin Tracking?
Bin Tracking, developed by Orchid Systems, allows Sage 300 users to track inventory items stored in multiple bins within a warehouse or Sage 300 Inventory Control location. Bins can include shelves, slots, containers, barrels, pallets or drawers. Your picking and putting away are streamlined. Users know where to store and to find any inventory item without wasting time, hunting or checking personal location lists, when Receiving and for the Sales process. Used with handheld data devices, your efficiency is increased even further. Bin Tracking integrates with ACCU-DART barcode scanning systems. All bin information is held within your Sage 300 database – with no need to purchase a separate inventory system for this – and learn, refer to or reconcile to a separate system. With clear bin locations, Inventory records will be more accurate, harder for items to be lost or misplaced. Customer service benefits from this – both from accurate records, e.g. knowing there are 6 more left, and efficient picking at the time of sale. With the efficiency gains from the simple good idea of bin tracking, your warehouse can enjoy faster turnaround time, more speedy dispatch. You win on both productivity and customer service.
- Improved management of your warehouse without more work and complexity.
- Pinpoint exactly where your inventory is at any point in time.
- Warehouse tracking within Sage 300 so there is no need to learn how to use new software.
- Process warehouse activity more efficiently, resulting in faster turnaround times, improved customer satisfaction, lower Inventory write-offs and lower costs.
- All information is contained within your Sage 300 database so there is no need to maintain and reconcile multiple applications and databases.
- At the Bin level, define:
- Individual items (or all) to be kept in the bin
- Pick order
- Put-away order
- Whether or not to allow receipts
- An optional “quick entry” shortcut key to save typing long bin location codes
- Per item in a bin, configure:
- Allowed in this bin
- Picking sequence
- Unit of measure
- Re-order quantity
- Re-order level
- Integrates with Sage 300 IC Serialized Inventory and Lot Tracking.
- Inquires on bin quantities per item & location.
- Report on bins to be re-stocked.
- All warehouse movements tracked by the bin transfer document.
- Per enabled Sage 300 Transaction, configure the system to create the Bin Transfer Document:
- Automatically – During Posting
- Developed in the Sage 300 SDK, providing its look and feel and seamless integration with Sage 300 ERP’s IC, OE and PO modules.
- Ability to define Optional Fields on
- Bin records
- Bin Transfer header records
- Bin Transfer detail records
If the same optional field is defined on the Source transaction (e.g. OE Shipment, PO Receipt, IC Assembly, IC Adjustment) and the Bin Transfer, then the optional field value will be set on the Bin Transfer accordingly.