A Sage 100 ERP Service or Application stops without error, never starts, or does not stay started
Sage 100 ERP Services or Application stops without error; even after manually restarting the service, it does not stay started
Service Names include:
- Sage 100 Advanced ERP <> (port number)
- Sage 100 ERP Integration Engine (port number)
- Sage 100 ERP Client Server ODBC Driver Service (if installed)
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions. If necessary, seek the assistance of a qualified Sage business partner, network administrator, or Sage customer support analyst.
This solution requires advanced knowledge of your network. Contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying Windows security incorrectly can severely affect system operations.
Sage is not responsible for operation issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows security. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
- The Service or Application may be corrupt
- Another application is using the same Port number as Sage 100 ERP
- Another Service or Application (even if on another port) may be blocking or interfering with Sage 100 ERP
The service may be corrupt or another application is using the same port number as Sage 100 ERP. To resolve these issues, perform the following:
To resolve corruption from the Sage 100 service, disable and reinstall the service. Then create new files:
To uninstall the Sage MAS 200 service:
- From the Windows Desktop on the Sage 100 ERP, click the Start button. On the Programs menu, point to Sage Software, and then click Uninstall Application Server Service.
- In the Service field, select the service, and then select the port of the service.
- Click the Remove button. Click Yes to confirm.
To reinstall the Application Server Service:
- From the Windows desktop on the Sage 100 server, click the Start button. On the Programs menu, point to Sage Software, and then click Application Server Service Setup.
- Select the path to the Sage 100 folder, and click OK to add the service.
Note: The service is added based on the settings on the Server tab of Application Server Configuration.
To refresh the Application Server Configuration files and make the connection more stable:
- First, stop the Application Server and close the Application Server Configuration application.
- On the Sage 100 server, rename:
- o ..\MAS90\MAS_System\SY_Console.m4t file
- o ..\MAS90\home\lib\_appserv\LOCATE.PVK
- o ..\MAS90\home\lib\_appserv\SESSIONS.PVK
- Next, restart the Application Server.
- Then, from the Windows desktop on the Sage 100 server, click the Start button. On the Programs menu, point to Sage Software, and then click Application Server Configuration. Note that new LOCATE.PVK and SESSION.PVK files are created.
- Click the Server Tab. Clear the KeepAlives check box.
- Finally, click the Clients Tab. On the Re-Connect list, select None.
If problem continues, change the port number:
- From the server, set the service to manually start.
- Next, from the Windows desktop on the Sage 100 server, click the Start button. On the Programs menu, point to Sage Software, and then click Application Server Configuration.
- Then click the Server tab. In the Sockets field, change the socket number to any unused number between 9,000 and 10,000.
- Click the Start button.
- Finally, if the service starts and runs as an application on the new port number, remove the previous service, and create a new one with the new port number.
- Remove the original service using Uninstall Application Server Service.
- Create a new service using Application Server Service Setup
If the message is occurring for Specific users:
- Have all users exit Sage 100.
- Next, Log on to Sage 100 as Administrator.
- After that, from Administrative Tools, select User Maintenance.
- Once that’s done, select the first user, and click the Preferences tab.
- Select the Spawn Tasks from Application Server check box, and click Accept.
- Then proceed for remaining users.
- Finally, click Done.
Run Sage 100 ERP as an Application rather than as a Service:
- On the Sage 100 server from the Windows Taskbar, open Start > Program Files > Sage Software > Application Server Configuration.
- Click Start
If Sage 100 ERP was working properly until very recently, consider a partial restore:
- Rename the Home and Launcher directories in the “..\MAS90” directory on the server.
- Restore the Home and Launcher directories (and all their contents) from a recent backup.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.