1904. Module failed to register when installing Sage 100 or Workstation Setup
Error: “1904. Module failed to register. HRESULT -<##########>. Contact your support personnel.”, when installing Sage 100 or installing the Workstation Setup for Sage 100
Example: “Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\crtslv.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support Personnel. “
The file mentioned in “failed to register” message could be any one of the following: crtslv.dll, pageobjectmodel.dll, reportrenderer.dll, saxmlserialize.dll, commonobjmodel.dll, objectfactory.dll, saxserialize.dll, undomanager.dll, datadefmodel.dll, sacommlayer.dll, cubedefmodel.dll, rptdefmodel.dll, rptcontrollers.dll, requestmodel, clientdoc, exportmodellev.dll, prompt.dll, or dtsagent.dll.
This solution requires advanced knowledge of your network. First, contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying Windows security incorrectly can severely affect system operations.
Sage is not responsible for operation issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows security. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
Operating System Warning
This solution requires advanced knowledge of your computer’s operating system. First, contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying your Windows Registry incorrectly can severely affect system operations. Sage is not responsible for operation issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows Registry. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
This issue can occur when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- File is not installed correctly.
- The file is damaged.
- Other programs, including memory-resident and anti virus programs, are running and using any version of the file.
- User or account does not have the proper Windows security or permissions.
- Windows updates were installed but Mandatory reboot has not occurred.
If error occurs during Sage 100 workstation install:
If receiving a Sage 100 Workstation Installer Information message: “Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\crtslv.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel.”, this can be caused by missing prerequisite(s) including .NET Framework 3.5.
NOTE: If error mentions Error: “1904. Module ..\mas90\CM\SOTAWIZ.OCX failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your support personnel” see Related Resources.
Note: Error 1904 is a well-known Windows operating system error. Microsoft’s support web site and various on-line resources discuss and cover various instances of DLL registration failure for a variety of reasons.
- Click Ignore. In some situations, this completes the client installation and Sage MAS 90 or 200 functions correctly.
Reinstall with additional security/permissions opened:
- First of all, make sure to map a drive to the shared location above the “..\MAS90” directory, on the server where Sage 100 ERP is installed.
- Then log onto the workstation as an Administrator with Full Control of the “..\MAS90” directory on the server where Sage 100 ERP is installed.
- Next, from the workstation’s Windows desktop, open Start, Control Panel, User Accounts, Change User Account Control Settings (if the option is not there, use the Search Control Panel field to search for “Change User Account Control Settings”) to set it to “Never Notify”
(Note: This may require a reb.oot. On Windows Vista machines, this is a radio button option).
- Access the mapped drive location (e.g. “X:\\MAS90\WkSetup” (where “X” is the mapped drive letter).
Finally, right-click Autorun.exe and select “Run as Administrator”, then install Workstation Setup
Register the file manually. To register a specific ActiveX object, follow the steps below:
- Click the Start button and click Run
- Next, in the Open field, type the command below, where [path and file] are specified in the error:
- Click OK. A message stating that the file was registered should appear
- Consider re-acquiring the installation files, then extract again (if needed) and reinstall.
If Windows Updates were recently installed, restart the machine getting the error and then install Sage 100.
Workstation install error during SAP Crystal Reports files:
- Cancel workstation installation.
- See Related Resources for more details on Sage 100 Workstation install.
- Re-start Sage 100 Workstation install by selecting the Autorun.exe (right-click and select “Run as Administrator”) instead of Workstation.MSI file which does not install required prerequisites.
If error mentions Error: “1904. Module ..\mas90\CM\SOTAWIZ.OCX failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your support personnel” see Related Resources.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.